Friday, December 18, 2009

Boxing

No, not the type that ends up with blood on the floor. The putting people in boxes type.

I've always had an interest in understanding temperaments. So if at a wedding I ever land up sitting next to a psychologist with an interest in temperaments, don't anyone else try and change the subject. Or talk to me...

I've looked at the Myers-Briggs stuff for some years, but at the moment I'm finding the Enneagram very helpful. If you're a bit twitchy about pentagrams and the like, this is actually a respected, widely studied approach with a long-standing Christian history. What is particularly helpful about the Enneagram is that it maps out a hopeful pathway/way forward for each temperament type.

My profiles under both systems are displayed in the links column on the far right of the screen - you can click through to sites that give more info about each system if you're interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment