Saturday, October 17, 2009

Respect

I spent a few days this week with other Methodist ministers visiting families in the far western part of our district - near Kuruman, which marks the start of the Kalahari desert! It has been a couple of years since I spent time in this area and I had forgotten the very high regard in which ministers are held. The woman who opened her home to us was so generous, hospitable and respectful - every sentence was punctuated several times with the SeTswana word 'Moruti' (Reverend).

It was only a couple of days later on reflection that I realised how much her attitude had prompted a similar respectful attitude in me. Respect it seems is contagious.

2 comments:

  1. Your cluster map is broken. I have been visiting faithfully - way more than ten times, and the little PMB dot won't expand. I feel we are being marginalised - especially now that your own dot has doubled in size again. You may lose a lot of deep thinkers if this sort of thing continues...

    david

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you haven't received your reward in full yet. sorry

    I'll have a stern word with the piece of anonymous software that produces that map

    M

    ReplyDelete